I’d like to think that here on Red Nails, content is occasionally less-than-predictable and to quote my Mother ‘fresh and funky’. Light projections that look like ET is attempting to visit? Naturlich, meine freunde. Inspiration for all your indoor camping urges? Saddle up. The odd haiku? I live to serve.
But you know, there comes a point when you have to go with the flow. And in keeping with all other bloggers, I’m doing a New-Years-Resolution post right here, right now. With handy photographs. I warn you now: there is a gym-related post there. If only to remind myself that my gym membership card can’t visit it’s mothership without me, somewhat tragically.
So without further ado, and any more links (actually, make that one), here are mine.
1. I will totally put my wardrobe to better use. I will wear my good basics well, and make sure they are nicely ironed and well-organised so I have no grounds for complaining I have no clothes, and if I did they wouldn’t fit, and that because of it all my relationships with friends / family / other half / general public is likely doomed.
2. When I do buy clothes, I will buy well. I will buy nice prints that can be paired. I will buy some more dresses and skirts rather than just relying on jeans the whole time. I’ve done denim. I’m going to do something crazy and branch into hemlines. That’s right chicks: Gaga’s got nothing on me.
3. I will do some more travelling. I live in London. Europe is a fart away. I will get stamps on my passport this year. Or I won’t actually: EU countries don’t stamp your passport because we’re EU. You just breeze through customs wondering if you’re guilty for anything and avoiding the strip searches (that European ‘thing’ for nudity goes as far as border control).
4. I will cook more mad things. Like lavender hot chocolate. And other non-pasta based dishes. I’ve ordered new pans (my brother is not impressed. Apparently, this is the saddest thing ever), and my Mother has decided every spare crock and pan and spatula she doesn’t currently need can be stored at my house so there is no compelling reason why I cannot be the next Heston by next Christmas. Metaphorically speaking: I don’t want no bald head.
4.a) I will balance this by a fleeting visit to the gym three times a week. And I promise that’s the last time I ever use the g-word.
5. I will sort out my taste in music once and for all. I will go to more festivals (below’s carousel was at Lovebox last year) and I will make sure I update either my iPod or iPhone – at least one goddammit – with all the cool new music I see other people talking about. And I will, I faithfully promise, listen to albums all the way through.
6. I will put all my art up. And read more books. And find a kilim rug for my kitchen and my bedroom because in a wood-floored flat, they are the salve to any lint vines. And I will altogether make my bedroom a little more of a nest because I’m still working out what exactly I want to do with it, even though it’s been three months since I moved in. Decor needs time, dudes.
7. I will blog more, and blog better. I’ll make sure all my pictures are cropped properly and that I get an editorial schedule going. I’ll also get a cool new writing opportunity off the ground, more of which in due course…